Recipe Match for California Chardonnay
- 2 1 1/2–pound live lobsters
- 1/2 cup chives, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 hot dog buns
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the lobsters. (To more humanely kill the lobsters immediately beforehand, one at a time, place them perpendicular to you on a cutting board. Tuck the lobster’s tail underneath its body. Quickly insert the tip of a large chef’s knife at the point where the head meets the body and slice vertically through the lobster’s head.) Cover the pot and cook for about 10 minutes, until the lobster shells are bright red. Remove the lobsters from the pot, set on a baking sheet and allow to cool.
2. While the lobsters are cooling, combine the chives, celery, parsley and lemon juice in a large bowl.
3. Once the lobsters have cooled somewhat, crack the shells to remove the meat from the tail, claws, knuckles and legs. Chop into 1/2- to 1-inch pieces. Add the meat to the bowl with the other ingredients.
4. Mix in the mayonnaise incrementally, to taste. You may not require all 3 1/2 tablespoons.
5. Spread a pat of butter on each of the hot dog buns, then heat them for about 2 minutes on a griddle or grill, allowing the butter to melt and the bread to toast.
6. Spoon a generous serving of lobster salad into each toasted bun. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
For dozens more recipe matches for Chardonnay, WineSpectator.com members can use our Recipe Search.