Recipe Match for Chardonnay
Roasted Halibut in an Almond-Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, sliced
- 10-12 tomatoes, skinned and seeded (or substitute peeled canned tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup capers, rinsed
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered and toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pound (4 fillets) halibut fillet, skinned
1. Place olive oil and onions in a saucepot and soften for 10 to 12 minutes on medium heat. Add garlic and hot pepper flakes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Add thyme, basil, tomatoes, sugar, capers and almonds. Cook at a low simmer for about 10 minutes. Cool and reserve. (This can be done a day ahead.)
3. Preheat oven to 350° F.
4. Place almond-tomato sauce in the bottom of an ovenproof casserole dish. Lightly brush halibut with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Place halibut on top of sauce in casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes. Serves 4.
For dozens more recipe matches for Chardonnay, WineSpectator.com members can use our Recipe Search.