Recipe Match for Oakville Napa Cabernet Sauvignon
Grilled Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
For the chimichurri sauce:
- 3 1/2 cups fresh parsley leaves, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 or 2 pinches red pepper flakes
For the steaks:
- Steaks, 1 to 2 inches thick
- Chimichurri sauce
To make the chimichurri sauce:
1. In a food processor, combine parsley, oregano and garlic. Pulse until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
2. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients. Adjust seasoning to taste. Let stand for at least 20 minutes. Sauce can be refrigerated, covered, up to 5 days. Serve in a small cup on the side.
To make the steaks:
1. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Cook on a charcoal or gas grill according to your preferred method, until an instant-read thermometer registers 125° F for rare, 130° F for medium-rare, 140° F for medium or 155° F for well-done. Let steaks stand for 5 minutes. To keep portions reasonable, cut larger steaks across the grain into thick slices.