Recipe Match for Sauvignon Blanc
Garlic-Parsley Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms and Spinach
- 10 ounces baby bella mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Wondra flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Salt and pepper
1. Clean the mushrooms and cut into 1-inch pieces. In a small pot set on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon butter and pinches of salt and pepper. Add the mushrooms to the pot. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, then turn heat to medium-low and cook for 10 to 15 more minutes, tossing occasionally.
2. While the mushrooms are cooking, dry the chicken cubes with paper towels, making sure to get them as dry as possible. Coat the cubes completely in Wondra flour, using more than 2 tablespoons if necessary, and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil until very hot. Arrange the chicken cubes in a single layer in the skillet. Do not toss them. Cook for 3 1/2 minutes, then flip with tongs, one by one, to cook on both sides.
4. Combine the garlic and parsley in a bowl. Once the chicken is almost done cooking on its second side, add the mushrooms, garlic-parsley mixture and 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet, shaking to coat the chicken.
5. Remove the chicken and mushrooms from the skillet. Cook the spinach in the pan juices until wilted, about 2 minutes. To serve, divide the chicken, mushrooms and spinach among 4 plates, adding to each a lemon wedge and a starch of your choosing. Serves 4.
For dozens more recipe matches for Sauvignon Blanc varietal wines and blends, WineSpectator.com members can use our Recipe Search.